This 40-hour course qualifies for the General Lines Agent (2-20) licensing exam, and it is available to any 4-40 licensee who has held the license for a minimum of one year with experience in either commercial or personal lines insurance. Successful completion of this course waives the 200-hour pre-licensing course requirement and allows the student to register for the state exam.
An applicant for licensure must be:
• A natural person at least 18 years of age.
• A resident of the state of Florida.
• A United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services.
• All applicants with the Florida Department of Financial Services will be responsible for providing a Social Security Number. If you are a legal alien with a work authorization visa, you must apply for and obtain a Social Security Card prior to applying for licensure with the Florida Department of Financial Services.
• The textbook is purchased separately. •The Florida General Lines Agent and Customer Representative Study Manual; Current Edition. You may choose to purchase the textbook from one of the following vendors: • http://www.faiams.com/ • http://www.ecampus.com/ • http://www.efollett.com/ • Check with a local college bookstore
This class is based upon the laws of Florida; however, some companies have not fully adopted to these guidelines. You need to understand the concepts how they are taught in this class and within the textbook for the class and state exams. As you continue to work for an insurance company, you may note many variations during training, specifically in the insurance forms.
Note: Certificate of Completion is sent via USPS Mail.