- Must Have High School diploma, GED or equivalent or FL Ready to Work
- College Level Competency Provided by student, or
- College LevelCourse Work, or
- TABE/PERT Test or College Level PERT Scores (90 Reading, 90 Writing, 90 Math) or TABE Scores (10 or higher)
St. Petersburg College
- Book Rental
- Supply Fees
- Certification Exam
- On-line & lab fees
- Drug Screen & Background Check
A clinical medical assistant is a multi-skilled healthcare professional who performs administrative and clinical duties. Clinical medical assistants are primarily employed in a medical clinic or a private physician's office. Completion of this training will allow you to sit for the National HealthCareer Association Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification.*
Benefits to obtaining a Clinical Medical Assistant Certification may include:
This class consists of:
Hands on training:
- More job opportunities
- An increased pay scale
- Job security
- Increased subject matter expertise.
This blended program includes online, live lab and clinical experience.
140 hours online, 80 classroom and 80 hour externship*.
*this training must be completed prior to sitting for the National HealthCareer Association Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification.*
*The college reserves the right to change, modify or alter without notice all fees, charges, tuition, expenses and costs of any kind and further reserves the right to add or delete without notice any course offering or information on these pages. The college further reserves the right to change any provision or requirement when such action becomes necessary.