A clinical medical assistant is a multi-skilled healthcare professional who performs administrative and clinical duties. Clinical medical assistants are primarily employed in a medical clinic or a private physician's office. Completion of this training will allow you to sit for the National HealthCareer Association Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification.
Common duties of a medical assistant include administrative and clinical tasks like:
Benefits to obtaining a Clinical Medical Assistant Certification may include:
- Checking patients in and out upon arrival and departure
- Answering phone calls and questions
- Assisting providers with exams and procedures
- Administering injections or medications
- Working in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Performing EKG, phlebotomy, and laboratory procedures
- Taking patient vital signs
-Must be 18 years of age or older
-Must hold a H.S. Diploma or GED
- More job opportunities
- An increased pay scale
- Job security
- Increased subject matter expertise
-Must provide ONE of the following:
- If college coursework is completed- most recent unofficial transcripts.
- If no college coursework is completed- Bring a copy of H.S. Diploma/GED AND Test Scores (PERT or TABE)
(90 or higher on all subject areas)
(5 or higher on all subject areas, 2019 DRC Test)
(For TABE tests prior to 2019, must score 10 or higher on all subject areas).
-Successful completion of Level II and background screenings
-Health Examination Forms and required immunizations.
*Documentation that is needed can be emailed to CERegistration@spcollege.edu
St. Petersburg College
2465 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33765
- Book Rental
- Supply Fees
- Certification Exam
- On-line & lab fees
- Drug Screen & Background Check
-168 classroom hours
-246(estimated) online hours
-80 hours externship*
Total= 494 hours
*This training must be completed prior to sitting for the National HealthCareer Association Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification.*
*The college reserves the right to change, modify or alter without notice all fees, charges, tuition, expenses and costs of any kind and further reserves the right to add or delete without notice any course offering or information on these pages. The college further reserves the right to change any provision or requirement when such action becomes necessary.