3-Day Advanced Practice PICC Clinical
To Register Call St. Petersburg College @ 727-302-6477
Thank you for your interest in the PICC Clinical Program offered in partnership by St. Petersburg College
Workforce Institute and Infusion Knowledge, Inc.
What is the PICC Clinical Program?
Who may attend?
- The PICC Clinical Program provides precepted live PICC insertions in an acute care environment.
- You may choose a 2 or 3-day PICC Clinical track, depending on level of experience
- PICC Clinicals will begin with observation / simulation and continue with hands-on PICC insertions.
- Depending on your progression and comfort level with the procedure, there will be the possibility of upto 4 (or more) one-on-one, instructor supervised, Ultrasound PICC insertions utilizing the Modified Seldinger Technique (MST) and ECG tip confirmation technology.
- You will receive a completed Clinical Procedure Checklist with a written assessment of proficiency for each attempted insertion.
- CE and/or PICC Qualification certificates will be issued to those individuals who successfully demonstratea comprehensive knowledge and ability to comply with the proper procedural steps required to place an MST/Ultrasound PICC, as outlined in the course objectives.
Are there any prerequisites or additional requirements?
- 2-Day PICC Clinicals: For "Advanced" participants (NP, PA & MD) who have experience with central line insertions & possess an active/clear professional license within the United States
- 3-Day PICC Clinicals: For "Novice" participants (RN, NP, PA & MD) who have been licensed for a minimum of 1 year & have peripheral vascular access experience & possess an active/clear professional license within the United States.
When and where are PICC Clinicals scheduled?
- Completion of the Infusion Knowledge PICC Education Program within the past 6 months.
- Documentation of professional liability insurance and a valid CPR card.
- Must complete a background check, fingerprinting and drug screening through specified provider.
- Must obtain a health screening and provide documentation of required immunizations.
What is the cost and what does it cover?
- PICC Clinicals are scheduled upon request on 2 or 3 consecutive days (Monday through Saturday)
- PICC Clinicals are taught by Infusion Knowledge, Inc. in cooperation with Morton Plant Hospital and
Mease Countryside Hospital.
- Once payment and all registration requirements are complete, you will be contacted by Infusion
Knowledge, Inc. to schedule your PICC Clinical.
- To register, a $40 non-refundable fee and 1/3 of the course fee are required, the remainder may be paid
in full or in 2 installments. Must be paid in full prior to scheduling a date for your PICC Clinical.
What happens after I register and pay for my PICC Clinical?
- The 2020 PICC Clinical Program cost is $2,995 (for 2 days) or $4,495 (for 3 days) which covers your SPC
ID badge, SPC uniform scrub top and bottoms, BayCare online orientation, and clinical supervision.
- The cost ($186) associated with the background check / fingerprinting / drug screen and health screen
is the responsibility of the student.
What will the "PICC Clinical Getting Started Guide" include?
- A “PICC Clinical Getting Started Guide” will be sent via email (and hard copy mailed)
- An admission requirements checklist
- CastleBranch information; the company that coordinates background check/fingerprinting/drug screen
- Step-by-step instructions on how to complete required BayCare Health System online orientation
- Step-by-step instructions on how to access and complete required BARD online course
- All necessary forms
- Information on scheduling your PICC Clinical
- How to obtain your student ID badge and what to wear to your PICC Clinical
- Lodging and transportation suggestions
- What you need to know about your PICC Clinical, course objectives, outline, and facility policies.
Please Note: Refunds will not be given for the PICC Clinical Program. Transfers to the next semester will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will only be allowed once.
For information related to registration or payment, call: SPC - 727-302-6477
For information related to scheduling or the actual clinical, call: Infusion Knowledge (IK) - 727-446-5825